University of Texas at El Paso

New Page 1
Q: What are the dates for the SECC campaign?
A: The campaign runs from September 1 through October 31, 2016.

Q: Do I need to disclose my Social Security number on the pledge authorization form:
A: No, you only need to provide your Employee ID.

Q: What is UTEP's state agency name and number:
A: Just enter "UTEP".

Q: What's the deadline to submit SECC authorization forms?
A: Coordinators should submit forms to the Payroll Office by Monday, October 31, 2016.

Q: How do I submit my authorization form?
A: Please contact your coordinator for a donation form.  Keep the pink copy for yourself.  The yellow and white copies should be given to your SECC coordinator.  If you prefer to submit your donation electronically, please click the "Online Donation Form' tab on the top of the website.

Q: How do I find out who my SECC coordinator is?
A: Click on the the Coordinators tab on the top of the website.

Q: Where do SECC coordinators send completed pledge forms?
A: All completed forms should be sent to the Payroll Office, University Towers, 1900 Oregon Street, Suite 100.

Q: Where can I find the latest information on the State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC)?
A: Please visit the SECC website at

If you have any questions that are not addressed on the website please send your questions to  An SECC representative will contact you and answer your question(s).

Q: How is the paper authorization form used?
A: Coordinators will distribute paper forms to all employees.
  • You can make a one time donation or elect to have your donation deducted from your paycheck in 12 equal installments (9 months if you are a faculty member appointed on a 9-month basis). 
  • Fill out the form, keep the pink copy for your records, and give the yellow and white copies along with any monies (if making a donation by cash or check) to your coordinator.

Coordinators will gather all forms and monies and verify that contributions stated on the forms match monies received at their department level.  Validated forms with the respective monetary donations should be taken to the Payroll Office, University Towers, 1900 Oregon Street, Suite 100.

Coordinators will maintain a log, which is available on the Coordinator Resources section of the website, for reconciliation purposes that should be included with the forms taken to the Payroll office.

 Q:  Can UTEP Payroll automatically roll my previous year's election over year to year?
 A:  No.  You must re-enroll every year with each new SECC Campaign.

 Q: If I have automatic deduction; when will my deductions begin? 
 A: Payroll deductions for the 2016 campaign begin January 1, 2017 and end December 31, 2017.