The Office of the Vice President for Business Affairs (VPBA) provides administrative support to The University of Texas at El Paso for the review, approval and execution of business contracts and agreements:
The Office of the VPBA:
- Serves as the University's liaison to The University of Texas (UT) System and key resource offices, including the Office of General Counsel (OGC) and Office of Insurance and Risk Management.
- Provides guidance on legal, business, and procedural contractual language.
- Ensures contractor meets minimum insurance coverage requirements stipulated by UT System guidelines.
- Assists in monitoring key contract terms, such as expiration dates and contractor payment due dates.
- Our goal is to support the educational and research missions of the University by facilitating the execution of business contracts while ensuring compliance with University, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures.
Back to Contracts Procedures