What is UTEP doing about Viruses?
The University of Texas at El Pasouses Avast as their anti-virus solution for Windows environments.
Compared to other products tested, Avast offers these additional features:
- File System Shield: Monitors changes to files and programs stored in your computer.
- Mail Shield: Scans email, including email attachments, for viruses.
- Web Shield: Scans web pages for malicious content as you browse the internet.
- P2P Shield: Checks downloads from most P2P applications for viruses.
- IM Shield: Scans downloaded files from instant messaging applications for viruses.
- Network Shield: Monitors all network traffic for suspicious activity.
- Script Shield: Monitors and checks scripts executed on your computer for viral behavior.
- Behavior Shield: Checks your computer for unusual activity.
For more information about Avast, visit the following link: Avast