· Assist in developing a proactive approach to employee relations issues by working with UTEP’s departments to enhance positive relations.
· Develop and maintain a positive relationship at The University of Texas at El Paso through professional development programs, guidelines and policies that ensure fairness, respect and consistent treatment for all employees.
· Provide means for conflict resolution.
· Recognize the efforts and contributions of employees to UTEP and its mission.
· Assist in proactive training and development of employees and supervisors.
· Assist The University of Texas at El Paso faculty and staff to manage the H-1B visa and Labor Permanent Residence process.
· Assist both UTEP departments and employees in understanding the rules and guidelines administered by the Department of Homeland Security with regard to the H-1B visa and Labor Permanent Residence process.
Employee Relations is also the point of contact for the following:
· Employee/Supervisor/Manager/ best practices
· Policy guidelines on employment related matters
· Policy and process training on employment related topics for supervisors and non-supervisory employees offered through Training and Development.
· Performance Evaluations
· Performance Improvement Plans
· Immigration Services
In order for us to better assist you, please call 915-747-7509, 915-747-5278, or email Employeerelations@utep.edu to make an appointment. Appointments can be made Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.