The mission of the Crime Prevention Unit of Support Services is to enhance the quality of campus life through the creation of a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and campus visitors to pursue a positive work and educational experience. The Crime Prevention Unit accomplishes its mission by application of the following objectives:
- Dissemination of information through crime prevention programs to students, faculty and staff.
- Compilation and analysis of local crime statistics for public and departmental use.
- Preparation of information bulletins on known criminal offenders identified on campus for distribution to patrol officers.
- Coordination of alarm service for the University.
Although the department considers all of its officers crime prevention officers, the department's designated crime prevention specialists is Mr.Juan Rabelo. Services offered to the University community include:
- Inquiries on Lost and Found Property
- Personal Safety Presentations
- New and Transfer Student Orientation Presentations
- Alcohol awareness programs and initiatives
- Asset Protection Surveys- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Analysis and recommendation for new security systems
- Alarm system updates and improvements
- Follow-up on false alarms and Security Violations
- Lighting surveys
- Free Bicycle Registration
- Mini Miners Mining for Safety Program
- Miners Mining for Safety
Lost an item on campus? Please contact us at (915)747-6640 or email us at email@example.com