Yourname@utep.edu is your official email account for conducting business at UTEP. All UTEP employees whose primary position is faculty or staff (non-student working titles) are provided with an @utep.edu e-mail address and an inbox capacity with 5GB.
Faculty and staff email accounts are automatically generated when you are hired.
Benefits / Features
- You have 5 GB of email message storage space.
- WebMail - to stay up to date and in touch when you are on the go. View your e-mail messages, contacts, and calendar events from virtually any computer connected to the internet using any browser.
- UTEP’s email system provides email, calendar, and contacts through an Exchange Server.
BENEFITS / FEATURES OF OUTLOOK 2010 (PC) or OUTLOOK 2011 (MAC)
- Calendars - set up different calendars for each category so that you don’t have one, big cluttered calendar. Overlay the calendars when you want to see your whole schedule.
- Central management - Combine multiple e-mail accounts, calendars, and address books and easily manage them from a single, centralized view.
- The enhanced Search Tools provide you with ways to quickly find and manage large quantities of e-mail, calendar, and contact items.
- Consolidate all of your email accounts into one place, business or personal: view and manage them right from your Outlook navigation pane!
- Create e-mail messages that capture attention with new dynamic graphics and picture editing tools now in Outlook.
Connect to your Smartphone
- Outlook Mobile 2010: Sync Outlook 2010 with an enhanced mobile version of Outlook specifically suited to your Windows phone.
- iPhone, iPad, iPod – set up email, Wi-Fi, and VPN on your Apple devices
- Android – set up your email, calendar, and contacts on your android devices
- Blackberry Enterprise: For a small fee you can have automatic and virtually immediate syncing to your Outlook email, calendar, and contact on your Blackberry phone.
Requesting an Email Account or Smartphone setup
Faculty and staff email accounts are generated automatically once your appointment is approved in UTEP's Business Information System. Human Resources or your College or Department will provide you with your email address. The first time you log in to any UTEP computer or system you will be prompted to change your temporary password. It is against UTEP policy to share your password with anyone.
See a listing of CAOs and ASOs
What is a CAO? College Administrative Officer - each college has one.
What is an ASO? Administrative Services Officer - non-college divisions or departments have these.
Accessing your UTEP email, calendar, and contacts on your smartphone is simple. Get instructions for your phone at Solutions - Smartphones.
Setting up MS Outlook 2007 as Exchange
Setting up MS Outlook 2007 as POP3
Junk Mail Filter Settings
Microsoft Exchange Server Resource Site
FAQs - Get answers to the most frequently asked questions at Solutions - Email for Faculty/Staff. Just login with your UTEP username and password.
For any other email questions, issues, or for further assistance enter details at Request Help - Faculty/Staff Email Account.
To request help setting up your Smartphone or handheld device to access your UTEP email account enter a service request at Service Desk - Smartphones & Handheld Devices or visit the Technology Support Center Help Desk in room 300 of the Library for immediate assistance in setting up your device.
There is no charge for your email account or for using Outlook on your UTEP owned computer. If you have a Blackberry smartphone and choose to connect to the Blackberry Enterprise Server there will be a one time license fee and small annual renewal fee each year. For details on those costs please visit Service Catalog - Smartphones & Handhelds.