About Technology support
Technology Support will become the premier provider of technological customer service for the entire UTEP Community.
- Staff with industry leading technical certifications
- Provide high qualify customer service
- Improvement of desktop imaging
- Increase 1st call resolution
- Support of a centralized Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Increase access to site licensed software
- Implement centralized management and support for Mac OS clients
- Assist other departments with new technology acquisition
- Valuable resource for Computer Lab management
- Proactive to customer feedback
- Minimize impact to business continuity
- Facilitate student’s access to high-end technology equipment
- Offer software tutoring and training
- Review processes and services in a regular basis for improvement
Technology Support Areas
Technology Support Center
The Technology Support Center (TSC) offers UTEP students access to state of the art computing equipment and specialized software for academic needs. The TSC is also home to the PC Clinic, which offers computer software repair services to students at no cost. The center is located in the library room 300. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7am-8 pm, Saturday from 9am-1pm and Sunday 12pm-4pm. For more information, go to tsc.utep.edu.
Academic Computer Lab Printing
Our lab printing services offer standardized printing for students throughout campus. Students can use their own laptop equipment and UTEP’s wireless network to print at major computer labs. Additionally, the campus-wide Print Systems Administrators provides maintenance and support for the centralized printing infrastructure. For more information, go to http://academics.utep.edu/labprinting.
Our Desktop Support group offers technical support and maintenance to all university owned desktops and laptops on campus. Services range from new software and/or equipment setup to the up-keep and troubleshooting. The maintenance and support of multimedia-enhanced classrooms is also provided by this group. For more information go to http://admin.utep.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=63775.
The Technology Support Help Desk is the single point of contact for students, faculty and staff with regards to any technology related questions or concerns. The Help Desk is available for walk-in support, as well as email support and telephone support. We can be reached at 747-5257, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org we are located in the library, room 300.. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7am-8 pm, Saturday from 9am-1pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm.
Enterprise Desktop Management
Provides centralized management and support for all Miners Domain computers. Creates guidelines and policies for management of University desktop computers. Administration of the license management servers for campus-wide licensed software. Participates in strategic projects as a resource for software deployment strategies. Delegates Miners domain Organizational Units (OUs) to other departments for effective management of multiple computers.