The Collaborative Learning Center is located on the second floor of the Library.
Students have access to:
- 219 with Windows 7
- 8 with Windows 8
- 55 iMacs with OS X)
- Internet access
- Access to the University e-mail system
- A variety of software applications, including word processing and statistics
- Access to network scanner from any computer
- Laser printing: color or black & white, transparencies
- Wireless printing for personal or loaned laptops
- Pay stations available for print-credit purchases
List of software
Use of the CLC
: Students may purchase print credits with a credit card in MyUTEP
. Students who would like to buy credits with cash may do so at the self serve PayStation located next to the CLC help desk.
- Students who need to be reimbursed for faulty printed jobs due to a print device malfunction (paper jam, low toner, etc…) may go to academics.utep.edu/labprinting and submit a print appeal.
- Games and third party software are not allowed in the CLC. If special software is needed for a project contact Ralf Hallmann, 747-6705.
- Instant messaging, chatting, IRC and similar programs are not allowed between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm.
- Cell phones must be silenced while in the CLC and in the Library as a whole.
To provide a safer working environment five surveillance cameras are on duty 24 hours a day.