|Lync makes it easy to communicate wherever you are from your Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices and computers. Lync is the enterprise unified communications system for UTEP faculty, staff, and students. |
|• Lync integrates with Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 |
• Lync is available for your Windows, Apple, and Android computers and mobile
• Know your contacts' status (away, available, busy...)
• Communicate with both UTEP and non-UTEP contacts
• Carry on one-on-one IM (instant messaging) conversations
• Make high-quality video calls on a variety of devices
• Share your computer desktop with call participants
• Share documents between call participants
• Conduct multi-party video and audio conferencing with up to 5 participants!
• Joining a Lync Meeting requires only a single touch or click on smartphones,
tablets, and PCs.
• Create and share OneNote digital meeting notes within Lync meetings.
• Connect to your Skype contacts
|Faculty and Staff may request Lync to be activated for their UTEP account. Once access is granted, you will receive an e-mail with instructions. To install on your Apple, Android, or Windows mobile devices just install the apps from your usual app store. Log in with your UTEP username and password to get started. |
Students install Lync on your computer by logging in to your email account from My.UTEP, clicking the "gear," choosing settings, and then Software. Click on the Lync icon. To install on your Apple, Android, or Windows mobile devices just install the apps from your usual app store.
|Video Tutorial |
Getting started with Lync
For other Lync questions, issues, or for further assistance enter details at Request Help - Lync
Lync for Mac OS has the capability to record Instant Message conversations. If you use this feature, all electronic record produced are subject to federal and state laws and policies including open records rules and regulations. Please ensure that you take appropriate actions when handling these records. UTEP’s policies can be found in the UTEP Records Retention Policy.