Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions regarding the Change of Address form.

  1. Both my prior address and my new address in your records are incorrect! What should I do?

    Complete an Address/Telephone Change Form and submit it to the Registration and Records Office. After the office processes your address change request, you will receive another Change of Address Confirmation e-mail.

  2. Why did I receive an e-mail saying I requested a change of address?

    To protect your personal information, the UTEP Information Security Office will send you an automatically generated e-mail when you or a University office has requested a change in your address. This e-mail includes a link to a page that will allow you to confirm or reject the address change request.

  3. I didn’t personally request an address change. Why did I receive this e-mail?

    If you have conducted business with the University recently, a University office or department may have changed or updated your address to issue a payroll or reimbursement check, or other mailing that you requested. If this is the case, make sure that the address listed on the e-mail is correct, and click on the link and follow the instructions to allow the address change request to be processed.

  4. I didn’t request an address change and/or the new address shown is incorrect. What should I do?

    Click on the link in the e-mail and follow the instructions to reject the address change. UTEP Information Security will follow up to determine why the address change request was made. Your prior address will remain unchanged.

  5. I am concerned that my personal information on a University computer system may have been accessed by an unauthorized person. What should I do?

    Contact the UTEP Information Security Office at (915) 747-6324 or via e-mail at