Who Must Report their Federal Lobbying Contacts?    

Any UT System or UT component institution employee that makes a “lobbying contact” with a “covered federal official” must complete the UT System Contact with Federal Officials Reporting Form before the quarterly deadline for each reporting period (described in “Reporting Deadlines”). Generally, the University President and Vice President for Research have designated specific individuals to lobby on behalf of the University. However, OFR recognizes that from time to time it is often appropriate for faculty or staff to make federal lobbying contacts on behalf of their institutions.

Due to the significant restrictions on the use of either federal or state funds to engage in lobbying activities, and the various requirements relating to the manner in which lobbying activities must be reported and conducted, UT System faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to notify both their campus administrators and the UT System Office of Federal Relations in advance of any proposed lobbying contact or activity.