This procedure is issued to provide University departments with guidance when submitting requests for print specialty orders, business cards, letterhead and envelopes.
This procedure is issued in accordance with The Texas Constitution Section 21, Article XVI, Texas Government Code 2155, Subchapter C, 2155.132(e), and Texas Administrative Code Title 1, Part 5, Chapter 113, Subchapter A, 113.11(c).
- Requestor makes contact with Printing Division to discuss the specifications for the print job (document type, paper type, ink color, layout, size, processes, quantity, finishing requirements, pricing, timeline, deadlines, completion date, delivery options, etc).
- Requestor provides requisition with signature authority to start production process. Originator should include their name, telephone number, fax number, requisition number and account number.
- Printing Division prepares the layout and submits a proof with an approval form to the requestor for verification.
- Requestorreviews for accuracy and returns layout to Printing Division with approval form or specifying any changes. If changes are required, the Printing Division makes the changes and submits another proof with an approval form to the requestor. Requestor signs off on the approval form.
- Printing Division will deliver finished product to department within the allotted time.
Applies to all University departments.
Specialty Order – A print order such as customized brochures, pamphlets, flyers, orders requiring design, layout and proofs.
Assistant Vice President, Purchasing & General Services
Last Updated: July 25, 2016
Back to Business Process Guidelines