To provide faculty, staff and students traveling to a foreign country on University business, 24 hour assistance and evacuation services.
To encourage faculty, staff and students to enroll and use the online web tools provided by International SOS.
International SOS will provide emergency services designed to help with medical, personal, travel, security, and legal matters away from home. International SOS is not medical insurance for foreign travel.
The following are some of the services offered by International SOS:
- Pre-travel preparation
- Vaccination management
- Medical assistance abroad
- Security updates
- Medical and security evacuations
- Real time online tracking tools
- Lost document advice
- Legal referrals
Enrolling in International SOS
- It is strongly encouraged for all international travelers to create a Personal Travel Record and Emergency Contact Record via the International SOS webpage.
- To enroll visit:
- Enter the UT System Membership Number 11BSGC000037 on the International SOS homepage
- You may also print the membership card from the website which lists 24-hour emergency numbers and our Membership number listed above
Applies to all University faculty, staff and students traveling to a foreign country on official business.
Last Updated: August 18, 2016
Back to Business Process Guidelines