|UTEP provides telephone services for more than 4000 campus, emergency, fax machine, and off-campus affiliate building telephones using a voice over internet protocol (VOIP) system. Services including installation, relocation, and maintenance of lines and telephones. |
|• Telephones (single or multi-line) |
• Local and long distance phone service
• Telephone moves, adds, and changes
• Temporary phone lines
• Building, parking lot, and elevator emergency phones and call boxes
• Fax and modem lines available
• Hunt, ACD, and PIC Groups available
AVAYA OFFICE PHONE MANUAL
|To request a new phone or phone line, or to request a change to an existing phone or phone line, visit helpdesk.utep.edu and enter a service request. |
With the approval of the department head, phone extensions may be transferred with an employee within the department or outside the department. Written permission must be received from the department head that owns the phone.
|All phone moves should be reported to the UTEP Help Desk whether they require service or not. |
• To ensure phone line is activated
• To ensure 911 database is updated (for your safety)
• To ensure departments are charged correctly
Spare phones are the property of the Telecommunications Infrastructure department and should be returned. Contact the Help Desk to arrange pickup.
|$252 Annual maintenance fee |
Purchase requisitions are required before the start of any service.
There is no charge for a phone move if there is an active and available phone jack at the new location. If the relocation requires the installation of a new phone jack, there will be a charge for the needed materials.
$300 – New basic service includes installation, activation, and model 4602 phone
• $383 - upgrade from 4602 to 4610 model (does not include activation cost)
• $543 - upgrade from 4602 to 4621 model (does not include activation cost)
• $200 - upgrade from 4610 to 4621 model (does not include activation cost)
• For UTEP-specific events - $21.00 per line
• For Non-UTEP specific events - $151.00 per line
• Additional charges are applied for long distance capability
Temporary lines will be removed after event is concluded or after 30 days if requested by customer.