In addition to receiving voice messages on your office telephone, Unified Messaging delivers copies to your Outlook email inbox so you can listen to them from your computer or mobile device even when you are off campus or traveling.
• Listen to messages copied to Outlook from your computer or cellphone
• Listen to your voice mail messages in any order
• Delete messages from Outlook and they are deleted from your phone too
• Receive “Missed call” messages even if the caller doesn't leave a message
• Listen to your calendar appointments from any phone
• Listen to contact information or place a call from your Outlook Contacts or
Global Directory with any cellphone
• Reset your own phone system message PIN in Outlook or WebMail
• Record phone greetings from your computer
User must have a personal phone extension (not shared) and an active @utep.edu email account.
Unified messaging may be set up for a shared phone if there is a shared email account that can be associated with that extension. To access the voicemail messages you must have set up the shared mailbox in your Outlook.
Open and use a shared mailbox in Outlook 2013
Once your email and voice mail are connected you will receive a temporary PIN. Change your PIN from any browser. Login to webmail.utep.edu. Click on Options. Select the Voice Mail Options tab and Reset Voice Mail PIN.
Voicemail Out of Office message can be changed from any browser with internet Explorer. Login to webmail.utep.edu. Click on Options. Select the Voice Mail Options tab and Out of Office.
To retrieve your messages from your office phone dial 5050 on campus, or 747-5050 from off campus.
Technology Support Help Desk
Phone: 915.747.4357 (HELP)