The Information Security Office provides assistance in developing or tailoring departmental-specific information security policies.
• Discuss information security related issues with departments
• Provide Recommendations
• Provide draft departmental policy
• Training may be provided at the request of the department
1. Can we create a policy that prevents employees from using e-mail for personal use?
No. The current policy allows employees incidental use of e-mail for personal use. If you feel that an employee is abusing this privilege, you may contact Human Resources to resolve this issue.
2. Can we create a policy that restricts the use of university-owned systems to prevent user abuse?
Yes. The ISO can assist departments in creating a policy that restricts or locks-down university-owned systems. Additionally, we can tailor the configuration settings on systems to restrict specific services such as internet access, instant messaging, and various other services.
Information Security Policies (PDF)
Acceptable Use of Information Resources and Security Policy (PDF)
NOTE: This list is intended to provide a basic reference for complying with Information Security policies. This list represents a portion of all applicable ISPs and is not intended to be all inclusive.
Technology Support Help Desk
Phone: 915.747.4357 (HELP)