|Skype for Business makes it easy to communicate wherever you are from your Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices and computers. Skype for Business is the enterprise unified communications system for UTEP faculty, staff, and students. |
|• Integrates with Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 |
• Available for your Windows, Apple, and Android computers and mobile
• Know your contacts' status (away, available, busy...)
• Communicate with both UTEP and non-UTEP contacts
• Carry on one-on-one IM (instant messaging) conversations
• Make high-quality video calls on a variety of devices
• Share your computer desktop with call participants
• Share documents between call participants
• Conduct multi-party video and audio conferencing with up to 5 participants!
• Joining a Skype for Business Meeting requires only a single touch or click on smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
|Faculty and Staff may request Skype for Business to be activated for their UTEP account. Once access is granted, you will receive an e-mail with instructions. To install on your Apple, Android, or Windows mobile devices just install the apps from your usual app store. Log in with your UTEP username and password to get started. |
Students install Skype for Business on your computer by logging in to your email account from My.UTEP, clicking the "gear," choosing settings, and then Software. Click on the Skype for Business icon. To install on your Apple, Android, or Windows mobile devices just install the apps from your app store.
|Video Overview |
What is Skype for Business
For other Skype for Business questions, issues, or for further assistance contact the Help Desk at helpdesk.utep.edu.
Skype for Business for Mac OS has the capability to record Instant Message conversations. If you use this feature, all electronic record produced are subject to federal and state laws and policies including open records rules and regulations. Please ensure that you take appropriate actions when handling these records. UTEP’s policies can be found in the UTEP Records Retention Policy.