UTEP's network infrastructure is the backbone of the University's information resources. Through an ongoing maintenance and management program, the Telecommunications Infrastructure team ensures the network remains robust enough to handle present day demands yet capable of exploiting future developments in technology and user services.
• Network performance monitoring
• Static and DHCP IP address management
• Firewall protection
• Installation of wired ports may be requested for offices and computer labs
• Wireless access points may be requested for virtual computer labs, student
printing, and high density mobile use areas
• Ports installed by Telecommunications Infrastructure department meet UTEP
and Internet standards.
Request a consultation regarding network management or to discuss your network port or wireless access point needs by contacting the Help Desk.
New Data Ports - $150 per port
• New port installation
• Activate an existing port
• Installing a data port with new cabling and face plates, as well as connecting to
the campus network
Data Drop Relocations
• Relocate to a different location with an existing data port - No Cost
• Relocation of data ports requiring new wiring, face plate, connector - $50
Note: Large number of port relocations or data ports requested as part of a renovation or remodeling project may be contracted out due to the additional structural work required in installing such data drops. The cost of contracted work will be charged accordingly to the project fund site.
All billable connection requests will require an account number before work will begin.
Network Access Guidelines
Information Security Policy
For issues related to installed network ports or wireless access points contact the Help Desk.
Technology Support Help Desk
Phone: 915.747.4357 (HELP)